Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A bunch of progress :)

I've been away from my garden for two days and I feel like I've been away for weeks! My mom has been watering it and everything, but usually I'm the one to keep track on progress of the plants so when I went out this morning, I was very happy and surprised with all the progress I found!

First of all, four more of the watermelon seeds are up (only two new ones pictured; the others are in different pots):
The one to the far right is the one I posted about a couple days ago. It's gotten really big already so that's exciting.

The iceberg lettuce has already sprouted:
Along with a bunch of new weeds that you can see in the bottom right corner =/ But the lettuce is exciting!

As well as that, the leaf lettuce is not only getting bigger, but there's a TON of it now:
So that's always fun :)

Also, VERY excitingly, in the two days I was gone, one of the bell pepper plants grew a flower AND lost it, and now the first bell pepper is growing!:
Maybe I should go away more often ;)

There are a whole bunch of red hot chili peppers now:
I can't wait to taste these guys :)

And last but not least:
This cucumber has gotten huge. Probably about the size of an average dill pickle.There's another one about this size on the same plant, and then the rest of them are about the size that this one was when I first posted about it, which is still pretty big! I'm really excited for these, and I cannot WAIT to taste this cucumber as soon as it's ready to be pulled! (Which should be soon, judging by how fast it's grown already!)

The tomatoes also have a bunch of new flowers. No tomatoes yet though :( That's okay though. They'll be here soon enough. I saw a couple little sprouts starting to come up in the peas and string beans but they aren't all the way out yet! Well, I think that's it for now!

--Seana

8 comments:

  1. Wow Seana...that's amazing how much everthing grew while you were gone! I was never successful growing spinach. This past spring we went on vacation for a week and I came home to a wonderful spinach crop!

    Are you going to make cucumber salad or just eat it plain?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I wasn't expecting it at all!

    And haha aw, tricky plants!

    I'm not sure what we're doing with the first cucumber! Probably eating it plain because I don't think I'll be able to wait to make anything with it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the excitement you show with your gardening. It's contagious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw thanks! :)
    I think I just get so excited because it's all so new to me, and it's so fun to see how much everything grows :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, Seana. I'm 71 years old, and I've been gardening for over 50 years. It's still exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha well I guess gardening is just exciting then! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your garden looks great! Although it's hard to be away from the garden, it's nice to come back and see several days' worth of progress, right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks!
    And yes, it's terrific :)

    ReplyDelete