Friday, June 18, 2010

New seeds planted & a pepper update!

Hello, hello :)

We planted some new seeds/roots today, so I figured I'd share!

First of all, we planted three strawberry roots in this window pot:
We have a few more to plant but we're not sure where were putting them yet.

We also planted peas: 

Green beans:

And Iceberg Lettuce:

They should all be germinated within the next two weeks, so we'll definitely be looking out for that. Also, we're going to look into mulching to stop the weeds. (Thanks for that suggestion, Robin!)

On another quick little note; look at all the baby peppers! (They're kind of hard to see...):

I'm so excited for these :)

The tomatoes have flowers and the bell peppers have blossoms, but sadly, they haven't been doing much lately. I know a lot of tomatoes don't come out until later in the summer, but does anyone know how long bell peppers are supposed to take?

Well, that's all for today :)

--Seana

5 comments:

  1. I didn't pick my first bell peppers until the middle of July last year, and those might have been from the plants I started in Arizona in January, then brought home with me. They already had lots of blossoms and tiny peppers before it was time to set them out here in WA. The bell peppers are really slow. I have some small hot peppers already, but my bells are just beginning to blossom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!

    I was beginning to worry a bit, as this is our first time growing them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea with the Strawberries! I need to plant some lettuce for a fall harvest here....I wish I would have done some for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your welcome Seana.
    That pepper looks really happy! My bell peppers are small as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Allison: Thanks! :) I wish we would have planted ours earlier, as they won't be ready to harvest until late summer/fall =/

    Robin: Thanks! I'm hoping the bell peppers will make some progress soon.

    ReplyDelete