Thursday, June 17, 2010

Quick Cucumber Update

Hiii!

This is just going to be a bit of an update on the cucumbers really quick. Today I took my cat Cosmo outside, (this is him):


And while he was out exploring the yard, I went back to the garden to check on all the plants. I was very surprised with one of the cucumbers I found!

This is the size of most of the cucumbers at the moment:


They're all still fairly small right now. However, when I was helping some of the tendrils wrap around the fence, I noticed this monster!:


It's HUGE compared to the rest of them! I was really excited about it so I just figured I'd share :)

The rest of the plants are doing well, too. There are a TON of little tiny baby green peppers popping out all over the Red Hot Chili Pepper Plant, along with the two big ones I posted about here. I'm going to assume at least a couple will be ready to pull by the end of June. 

Well, that's all for now!

-Seana

4 comments:

  1. Cosmo is adorable, and so are your cucumbers!

    I noticed my first tiny hot peppers today, but I'm a long way from getting cucumbers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, nice find in the cuc patch! All mine look the size of the first one you showed! I am anxious for them to GROW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, your cat Cosmo is so cute!! I'm a real cat lover! Wow, your first little cucumbers! I just planted mine about two weeks ago.

    I can see your photos now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie's Granny: Thanks! I'm so excited for my little baby peppers and cucumbers :)

    Allison: Thanks! Yeah, pretty much all of mine are smaller too! Except that big one and another one I found today from the same plant that is also pretty big!

    Robin: Thank you! Me too :) Cucumbers are exciting! And alright, thanks for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete